Understanding the functions of the human body is very important if at all you are to pick an effective weight loss technique. The human body undergoes metabolism for it to function. There is catabolism which is the primary function of breaking up molecules found in food that we consume so as to get energy. There is also the anabolism which is the fusion of the obtained energy into the cells. For proper metabolism to take place in the body, a person will need to take in the right quantity of nutrients such as minerals, carbohydrates, vitamins and proteins.
Because of the modern lifestyle of most people, it is becoming quite common to find people who are overweight and obese. The main reason for this is because people are taking in more calories and consuming less. This leads to the body accumulating excess fat. Like most people, you will want to look into ways through which you can reduce your excess body weight. Popular ways to cutting down your weight is to do vigorous daily exercises. However, eating spicy food in order to lose weight is becoming a trendy weight loss trick which is being embraced by many people.
How spicy food increases the body’s metabolism
There are several factors that enhance metabolism in your body. Exercising is definitely a good way to increase the rate of metabolism in your body. Once you exercise, you increase the rate of anabolism as well as catabolism. The net result is that more calories get used up than those which you are taking in. The temperature of the body goes up and this makes it ideal for more calories to be burnt up. When you take spicy food, you tend to sweat because the temperature of your body has gone up. By eating hot spicy food, your body temperature goes up by a margin of up to 8% which increases your body’s metabolism by the same margin.
The higher the temperature your body has, the more the energy it expends. Cayenne which is a component of most spices is ideal to help you lose a few pounds. You don’t really need to do vigorous exercises in order to lose weight while you are using spicy food as your weight loss technique. However, it’s good to note that spicy food won’t enable you to lose large amounts of fat fast but rather it helps your body adapt a more efficient metabolism which eventually helps you in losing weight.
Several studies have been conducted and it has been proven that by eating it, your appetite goes down a notch. Of course this is good thing in your fight of excess weight because you will consume less while enhancing your body’s metabolism. The cravings for sweet salty foods which are also fatty become lesser once you consume cayenne. With you eating spicy food, there is a lesser chance of overeating also.
How does spicy food help you lose weight?
Most spices do have cayenne as a compound. Cayenne is hot and the element that gives it that hotness is called capsaicin. Capsaicin is also found in habaneras, jalapenos and a wide variety of chilies. In the many researches done in chili-eating countries, it has been established that people who consume chili more have lesser chances of getting blood clot related ailments. It is preferred because it tends to thin the blood.
There are numerous studies conducted on the effect of spicy food on a person’s body. While there are those that will argue on the exact effect it has on the body, many agree that your body will get a higher temperature during and after you have eaten the food. Even at that brief moment, the metabolism will be higher than normal and this obviously means that you are burning up more energy.
When you eat capsaicin spiced food, your stomach tends to feel fuller earlier than if you were eating non spiced food. Studies have shown that men who took hot sauces ate 200 calories less than those who ate food without spices. These studies done severally by different organizations have found that by eating spiced food, you will reduce calorie intake by up to 16%. If eating lesser food combined with the higher metabolism can be sustained for a reasonable length of time, then you can rest assured that good weight loss results will be realized.
Eating spicy food is definitely a great thing if you are looking forward to losing the excess waist line that you have acquired over the years. While this is a very effective way to help you not gain weight, it might prove to be a hard endeavor if you are looking to losing weight when you are only using it. However, with a lot of discipline and a high appetite for spices in your food, you can rest assured that within a year (or a reasonable length of time), your weight will be less by several pounds. For faster results, many people will consider doing vigorous physical exercises together with adopting a spicy food diet. The results will be reached at a much faster rate this way.
Other benefits of eating spicy food
Eating spicy food is good because your food will be tasty. With chili, you have room to make a wide variety of dishes. Besides a nice flavor and the obvious weight loss benefit there are other benefits of eating spicy foods which include;
- Capsaicin is used as an anti-inflammatory agent. It is also used in the controlling of pain.
- Spicy food with capsaicin is ideal for your body because it helps in the thinning of the blood. This consequently helps your body fight blood clotting diseases which are on the increase.
- Spicy food is directly associated with the reduction of cholesterol in the body. Cholesterol is a leading cause of serious diseases such as diabetes, lower blood pressure and heart attacks among other.
- Spicy food boosts the production of serotonin in your body. Serotonin is the compound that helps you feel happy. It is also the compound which reduces stress.
© 2016-2019 by Overweight.net, an LiVenture.
All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of LiVentures.
- 8 reasons to not be overweight Obesity is the second leading cause of death after smoking.… (138)
- Stretching for Health Lack of flexibility is now seen to be a major… (137)
- The Psychology Of Weight Loss You see the razor-thin models gracing the covers of magazines… (126)
- Feng Shui diet According to Feng Shui, chubby body – is a “sick”… (28)
- The Negative Health Effects of Eating Processed Food Everybody who isn’t living under a rock has heard that… (27)
- A Take On Plus Size Models (21)
- The Mediterranean Diet is Your Solution to a Better Diet The Mediterranean Diet is Your Solution to a Better Diet… (19)
- What is the Relationship Between Yoga and Weight Loss Many people today live a fast life especially those in… (17)
- The DASH Diet The DASH Diet is a healthy eating plan designed to… (17)
- Spicy Food and Weight Loss Understanding the functions of the human body is very important… (16)
Share the Site
Random Health Quote
There is no money in healthy people or dead people. The money is in sick people.